I’m so excited to introduce my first episode of the Summer series “Techie Girl with the Lipstick” podcast. My first recorded guest is Kaela Bailey, seasoned public relations professional and author.
We chat about the changes in technology in the public relations industry and how women can use different tech trends to create a business for themselves without overwhelm.
About Kaela: Kaela Bailey has over 10 years of experience in marketing, public relations, broadcast media, and social media management, specializing in brand management and creative messaging with a focus on helping organizations build relationships between the public, the media, and business leaders. She is also the author of the children’s book “Zoey’s First Plane Ride” available on Amazon.com. Connect with Kaela on Linkedin.
- [00:01:04] Interview with Kaela Bailey begins
- [00:02:16] Information you need to have for event coverage as a public relations professional.
- [00:02:59] Kaela: “In order for us to differentiate ourselves as professionals, there are certain nuances and strategies that we need to know. But the technology is there and absolutely we’ve got to know the technology.”
- [00:05:49] We talk about having an online presence
- [00:07:58] Kaela: “I don’t necessarily know that social media managers are going to have all of the skill sets that go into being a true PR specialist.”
- [00:09:20] Kaela talks strategy.
Listen on here or on iTunes
Here is a video snippet from our podcast.
Filmed and recorded on location at the ‘smartspace’ Uptown Rising located in Columbia, SC. “The venue offers private office space, co-working and meeting space, as well as a charming backyard for outdoor events.”