Image is important to your business so therefore your Facebook Fan Page cover photo should represent what your salon is all about.
The cover photo is the first image people usually see when they go to your page either on their desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Despite the every changing world of Facebook, your Facebook fan page can still be a powerful way to tell others about your salon, your services and to schedule appointments with you. Clients that want to brag about your services to their friends will likely share your page with others, either with a direct link or tagging your page.
In this post, I’ll share with you the current (as of January 2020) dimension guidelines of the Facebook Fan Page cover and profile photo along with some inspiration from salons around the world.
First things first – Facebook’s Size Guidelines (as of 2020)
Knowing what size you should make your cover image is important because you want to share your brilliance.
- Displays at 170×170 pixels on your Page on computers, 128×128 pixels on smartphones and 36×36 pixels on most feature phones.
- Displays at 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones.
- Must be at least 400 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that’s 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes.
4 Easy Ideas for Facebook Fan Page Cover Photos for Hair Stylists
1 – Show and tell them who you are.
You can do this with images a short video or slideshow of photos in a carousel. (How to add a slideshow.) The Salons at by JC Penny in Greensboro, NC uses a short video to attract clients and potential stylists to their salon. Remember to write a description for any photo or video that you post. Use words that describe your salon or services.
2 – Showcase a selection of your styles.
In the example below, Travis Bernard Douglas shows three different types of styles that he creates for his clients.
3 – Show the inside of your salon.
Everyone wants to know what the inside of the salon looks like. B. Coiffure, Blow Dry Bar located in Columbia, SC they show the inside of the salon with a nice ‘hello’ pillow. This is cute and gives you an idea of the mood of their salon.
4 – Show your logo.
This is a simple and easy. That is all.
Cover Photos Do’s:
- Be creative and experiment with images your audience responds well to.
- After uploading the image, write a description (caption) for the image so that it will more likely come up in Facebook search. Use words that people are more likely to search for regarding your salon (such as the location of your salon and what you offer).
Cover Photos Don’ts:
All cover photos are public, which means anyone visiting your Page will be able to see the cover photo. Cover photos can’t be deceptive, misleading, infringe on anyone else’s copyright or be in violation of the Pages Terms.
Cover photos may not include images with more than 20% text.
You may not encourage people to upload your cover photo to their personal timelines.
Resources to help you create a FAB Facebook Cover Photo
Resources to help you keep your Facebook page FAB
As you use Facebook to showcase your salon services remember to use images that show what you do, who you are and how you can help your clients. The Facebook cover photo and profile area is a great place to start. Using Facebook as part of your overall branding strategy can be beneficial. Just remember to make it FAB and stick to their guidelines.