In this post, I’ll show you how we create marketing flyers using Canva in 2021.
Before Canva.com arrived on the scene in 2013, I typically would use Microsoft Word or Photoshop to create flyers for events.
Now in 2021, there are a lot more design applications to choose from to create just a variety of graphics.
Back in 2016, I posted a video on YouTube on how to create to create flyers using Canva. Well since then, the Canva application has been updated to include new features, images and layout.
So I thought it would be appropriate to include a brief updated ‘how-to’ version. Check it out below.
** Disclaimer: This post will contain affiliate links. If you click on the links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you
Why I like Canva
Here are a few reasons I like using Canva.
- The application is easy to use whether you are on a desktop, tablet or phone.
- I can start a project on my desktop computer, then finish it on my phone.
- I use it to create a variety of graphics in addition to flyers, such as graphics for my website clients, logos, social media, Youtube video thumbnails and more.
- You can do a lot on the FREE plan, but so much more on the Pro plan. It’s nice to have options.
- Canva comes with library of 1000 plus images and video that you can use as part of your license
I started with the free plan, but upgraded to the Pro plan over a year ago so that I could access the brand kit feature. Having a brand kit that includes my logos, fonts and brand colors saves me time when I’m creating graphics.
Click here to sign up for your Canva Pro Account.
Steps to Create a Flyer Using Canva
In the short video tutorial below, I show you how you can create simple flyers using Canva, too.
- Go to https://www.canva.com/flyers/templates/
- Choose the flyer template in the color and category of your choice
- Customize with your information and photos
Creating a flyer to promote your business or special event is easier using the online image-editing tool Canva. All you need is a Canva.com account and a little creativity.