We all want to save time when it comes to creating and scheduling posts for our Facebook page and Instagram accounts.
In this post and video, I’ll show you how I use Canva.com to create a month of posts, and why I like using Canva for my design projects.
** Disclaimer: This post will contain affiliate links. If you click on the links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you
What is Canva and Who Is It For?
Canva.com is an online graphic design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, YouTube video thumbnails, posters, flyers, logos, and other visual content. It is available on web and mobile, and integrates millions of images, fonts, templates and illustrations.
Canva can be use by anyone either for personal or business use. Users can use the free version the Pro version ($9.95/month if they pay for the year) or Enterprise version if they feel like they need more features. You can try a FREE trial of Canva Pro to test it out before buying it.
The FREE version of Canva is for individuals and small groups working on quick projects.
- 8,000+ free templates
- 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more)
- Hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics
The Pro version of Canva is for individuals and small teams who need more customization and productivity. It is priced at ($9.95/month per user/ if paid for yearly) and includes the following:
- Everything Free has, plus:
- Create your brand’s visual identity with logos, colours and fonts in 1 Brand Kit
- One-click design resize
- 60,000+ free templates
- 60+ million premium stock images, photos, videos and graphics
- Upload your own fonts and logos
- Custom templates
The Enterprise version is for larger teams who need advanced brand and collaboration control
- Everything Pro has, plus:
- Establish your brand’s visual identity with logos, colours and fonts across multiple Brand Kits
- Control what team members can see, access, and upload in Canva with brand controls
- Built-in workflows to get approval on your designs
- Protect any part of your design from team edits with advanced template locking
- Unlimited storage
- Single-sign on (SSO)
- 24/7 Enterprise-level support
Why I like Canva
I like Canva because it’s easy to use. I can start a project on my desktop computer, then finish it on my phone. I use it to create graphics for my website projects, social media, Youtube video thumbnails and more. I started with the free plan, but upgraded to the Pro plan over a year ago so that I could access the brand kit feature. Having a brand kit that includes my logos, fonts and brand colors saves me time when I’m creating graphics.
Steps to Creating a Month of Posts Using Canva
- Log in to your Canva account (on the desktop)
- At the top Left of the page, click on the “Templates” tab.
- Under the “Social Media” Section, select Instagram Post.
- Choose a layout that you want to use. Then select “edit this template”.
- You can then rename the file in the top right of the page.
- Then you want to select ‘add a page’ under the first graphic, then select one of the templates on the left of the menu (under templates).
- Repeat step 6 until you have about 7 pages.
- You can then add your branding and messaging.
- Click on Page Manager in the lower right of your screen so you can see all your images created.
- You can then select all images (click Command A on a mac or Control A).
- Then in the upper right corner of your screen, click on the copy icon. And you will now have 14 more images
- You can duplicate step 11 to create more images til you get 28 or more.
- When you finished editing your images with your content, you can either select to print all at once, one at a time or your 7 for the week.
After you create your graphics in Canva, you will want to actually schedule the posts.
You can use a third-party platform like Buffer.com, Later.com or Hoosuite.com to schedule your Facebook and Instagram posts. However, I’ve been using the Creator Studio inside the Facebook Publishing Tool to schedule all my Facebook and Instagram content.
You can find the Publishing Tools at the top of your Page.
From the column on the left, click Published Posts, Scheduled Posts or Drafts to see who published, scheduled or drafted Page posts. You can also see who published or scheduled posts in your Page’s activity log
Using Canva to create a month of posts for your Instagram account helps ease the overwhelm of creating content. Once you know how you’ll categorize your posts, and the photos you’ll want to use, you’ll be halfway done.
So, will you try these tips? Have these tips worked for you? Let me know in the comments below.